The Best Lake Tahoe Ski Resorts For Families

Redefining ~ Family Time 

Skiing in Lake Tahoe

Family Time in Tahoe ~ What Could Be Better?

Well, coupling it with mountain sports certainly comes to mind. But just where are the best places to go in Lake Tahoe to get both? Sure, you could just head to Squaw Valley. But that’s sooo 1960 Olympics. There are plenty of other family-friendly mountain resorts to visit, shred, and relax in. Let’s examine some of the best Lake Tahoe ski resorts for families that are out there right now:

South Lake Tahoe Ski Resorts

Heavenly

CLOSE TO HEAVEN ~ AT 10,000 FT

If your family loves to ski, you’ve probably heard of this one before. Why? The 4,800 acres of skiable terrain. A summit elevation of more than 10,000 feet. And nearly 100 runs. There’s a reason it was named as such. They also offer daycare for your children. Perfect for when you wanna sneak away to the Tamarack Lodge for some live entertainment. Plus, it’s just a 5-10 minute drive to the the border casinos. Nightlife, you’ve been warned.

Cms kids ski lesson tahoe

Kirkwood

Perfect For Families ~ Of All Ages

For some reason, this one often gets overlooked by families. And quite frankly, we can’t understand why. Sure, the 2,000 foot vertical drop can get you, but with 15% of the mountain devoted to beginner terrain, Kirkwood is a ski resort that can boast fun for slope levels of all skills.

Sierra-At-Tahoe

A Great Escape ~ For Beginners or Pros

One of the most diverse resorts, this South Lake Tahoe mountain touts about 2,000 skiable acres. But here’s the fun part. 320 of those are back-country terrain. 100 are strictly for beginners. And all of them are about an exciting experience. Plus, freestyle skiing is big here. So it’s a great place for any extreme enthusiast to escape for a run or two.

North Lake Tahoe Ski Resorts

Squaw

A TAHOE FAVORITE ~ WITH GOOD REASON

We mentioned this main-draw, North Lake Tahoe resort above with good reason. It’s the top-rated destination. But not just because it hosted the 1960 Olympics. It’s also remarkably family friendly, with 25% of its terrain dedicated to beginners. But we’ll be honest, overall, this one is probably best for older children in their teens. The other 75% is pretty demanding. Luckily, after a challenging day on the slopes, you can visit the restaurants, bars and boutiques in the European-inspired village just at the base when you’re done.

Cms child skiing tahoe

Northstar

Come For The Ski School ~ Stay For The Apres

As the top-rated ski resort destination for family-friendly fun, it can get pricey. But if it’s within your budget, it’s totally worth it. That’s because it has one of the best ski schools in the country. This is where you go to learn. Not just how to ski, but also how to have some authentic, apres-ski enjoyment.

You Can’t Go Wrong

But You Can ~ Explore Your Options

The truth is, you can’t go wrong looking for family-friendly ski resorts in North or South Lake Tahoe. But what you can do is explore your options. And with most of the resorts offering free skiing Learn More. the day you arrive in Reno, one question remains: what day will that be?

Still Have Questions?

We have answers. Please don’t hesitate to contact a live InvitedHome vacation consultant via call or chat and we’ll make sure you have all the information you need. We’re always here to help.

We have 32 homes in Lake Tahoe, click to start your search